Sunday 2 August 2009

The Cosmic Banditos by A.C.Weisbecker


Ok, it's 4am and I've just finished reading my favourite book in the whole world ( well, joint favourite really, as The Persian Boy is right up there with it. Only, you can't really compare the two - they're worlds apart! ). I can't remember how many times I've read this book - but it's a lot! And I decided I want to talk about it a bit :)

For those of you who have just groaned and though
t 'oh no, book review', then I strongly suggest you get yourself a copy of this book! I guarantee you'll be blogging about it yourselves a few days later. Love it, or hate it, The Cosmic Banditos will take you on a road trip you'll never forget!


The story itself, to be fair, is pretty kooky, and I would say approaching it with an open mind is essential, lol. It's probably not for the easily offended. Not that it sets out to be offensive. Also, if you're lost, bored, confused ( or offended, lol ) after the first few pages - stop reading!

But, if, like me, you're immediately intrigued, then fasten your seatbelts for one hell of a ride. You'll fall in love with a host of hilarious characters, including a down on his luck, intellectual pot smuggler, a dog called High Pockets, and the unforgetable bandito, José.

The story really kicks in when José and his contrabandista buddies rob a family of tourists. This begins a chain of events, which takes our heroes on an epic quest across Mexico and America, for the meaning of life itself! They cause havoc and destruction wherever they go, each disaster usually larger than the last, and twice as hilarious!

This book has everything from quantum physics to drug fuelled outrageousness, and I don't know what else to say about it, except - buy it and read it!

2 comments:

Amiee Whintey said...

I've actually heard of this book, but never read it :P

Liz said...

Ooo you should definitely read it :) It's hilarious!